Sunday, August 3, 2008

Kung Fu Panda (2008)


Caught a screening of "The Panda" and all I can say is wow! I took my 6 year old daughter, who has the attention span of a 6 year old, and she wants to see it again. So do I!
Jack Black is not only half of the greatest band in the world, he is also a fine voice actor.
His flawed character, Po the Panda is very refreshing. So is this film. After having to sit through the boring "Over the Hedge" and the last two "Shrek" messes, I really appreciated an animated feature form Dreamworks that didn't have too many celeb voices all competing for screen time. This is Jack Black's movie.
He has 75% of the lines in the script and that is not a bad thing.
Don't just drop the kids off to see Kung Fu Panda. Go with them. I think it's one of those rare movies like The Incredibles and Finding Nemo that adults can enjoy as much as the kids.